Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Choppy footage using external camera and HDMI to USB Cam Link

Hi all, just wanted to see if anybody had any luck resolving an issue with choppy footage. I am trying to use a Sony a6000 as my camera source through a YOTOCAP USB 3.0 Video Capture device purchased through Amazon. This works perfectly with facetime, OBS, Zoom, and other apps., but after about 5-8 mins connected to Panopto (recording or not), the image feed suddenly gets extremely choppy (about 1 frame / sec). It doesn't return to normal until I unplug the source and reconnect, though the feed gets choppy again within a few minutes. I have turned all settings off on my camera, so it is almost completely manual, and tried playing around with other settings on Panopto with no luck. Is there a way to get this to work?

Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Yohan,

This seems like it would be an issue for our Support team. I'll connect with your local Panopto administrator to notify them of this issue and we'll touch base with Panopto Support, if necessary.

Best wishes,

Cait