Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Error message

Hello - I recorded a video yesterday, and afterwards got this message:

"Could not process. Task failed."

How can I access the raw footage in order to attempt to re-process or edit it so I can share with my students?

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Kathleen,

Error messages are usually reported to our Support team for assistance; however, I wanted to check first to see which Panopto recorder you are using. If you have the Capture in MP4 Format setting turned on (figure 1), then you should be able to access your recordings from your recorder directory at c:\PanoptoRecorder (figure 2). There's a support article on saving MP4 videos locally if you are using Panopto for Windows: How to Save Video Streams as MP4s When Using Panopto for Windows.

If you are still having issues with this error message, please let me know and I'll be happy to work with your local Panopto administrator to get you the support you need to resolve this problem.

Best wishes,

Cait

Figure 1:

Figure 2: