Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Trouble getting videos to insert

Hey,

I am teaching at two community colleges so their canvas pages are separate. I can easily record and insert videos into my classes on one college's site. The other one does not load the recorded video. I keep getting the message "this item has not finished loading yet. I twill be uploaded when it does" and yet it never uploads. Can you offer any assistance?

Warren

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Warren,

If you are using Panopto for Windows, log into the Panopto account linked to the Canvas site for which the video works, and navigate to the Manage Recordings tab in the application. Locate the video you are trying to duplicate on a secondary Canvas site and select Set Offline. Then, sign out of the application and log back into it using your credentials for the other school (linked to the secondary Canvas account). Navigate back to the Manage Recordings tab, scroll to the Offline Recordings section, and select Upload to Server. A pop-up window will appear that prompts you to choose a folder and name. Locate and select the Canvas course video folder and select Upload.

Alternatively, you can download a video podcast of your video and upload it to the other site. You can learn about this process using our support article, How to Change the Format and Preview the Podcast Version of Videos.

I hope this is helpful, if you need any more guidance or have any additional questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to answer.

Best wishes,

Cait