Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Panopto Recorder 8.0.0.61763, Media Pipeline Error

I've just updated the Panopto Recorder on my laptop to 8.0.0.61763 and it now has issues with the integrated webcam and my microphone. Both worked beforehand.

When selecting an audio input it now displays an error message reading: 'Error: Media pipeline failure: 0x80004005'. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, updating all my audio drivers and running all Windows updates, checked Windows privacy settings and tried closing all other programs but with no success.

In addition my integrated webcam is now just showing as a grey image within Panopto Recorder.

Both devices work fine with other programs. Any help would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Jonathan,

This would be a matter for Panopto's Support team. To expedite this matter, I'll submit a Support ticket on your behalf and contact your local Panopto administrator about this issue. Please keep an eye out for correspondence regarding this.

Best wishes,

Cait