Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Users encountering hlsjs-lite: Network error when viewing recorded video

Hi,

2 of the users is getting the  hlsjs-lite: Network error when viewing recorded videos. One is using Chrome, while the other is using Opera.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Saba,

This sounds like an issue for our Support team. To expedite things, I will go ahead and submit a ticket on your behalf. Please keep an eye out for correspondence regarding this matter.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Hello,

This was a problem that came up back in May(if my memory is correct). It was fixed shortly thereafter in new content, but for existing sessions, they will need to be updated manually. My notes say any content after 6/4/2020 will be fine.

Whenever this has come up, I generally just make a copy of the session, reprocess the copy, then replace the original with the copy (with permission from the content owner).

Those steps have been quite reliable in fixing the issue and I have not seen the error come up in content that was made after whatever date the patch was applied.

Hopefully this helps, but let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thank you,

Michael