Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Can we use Apple Air Pods Pro with Panopto?

Hello. One of the options our school is exploring is whether instructors can use their Air Pods via bluetooth for Panopto recordings. We went into a classroom on a Windows 10 computer and started Panopto. The Air Pods were correctly selected as the audio source. However, when we pressed the record button, the panel where you would select the audio device became grayed out and no audio was captured. Is there some sort of conflict with either Bluetooth or Air Pods that prevents them being used as a recording device. Thanks for any input you can provide.

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
    edited July 2020

Hi Robert,

If Windows identifies it as a recording device, it should work fine once the Record button is selected. It seems like this would be an issue for our Support team. When I went to submit a Support ticket on your behalf, I saw the open ticket regarding this issue at your organization with AirPods. I will go ahead and add a note to the case about your post here in the Community forum.

Best wishes,

Cait