Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Panopto Moodle Plug-in 2020072700
Caitlin McCabe Administrator
edited July 2020 in Release Notes
Official Github release page for this version | Official Moodle.org link to this version
This is the current stable release version of the Panopto plug-in for Moodle. No major features were added to this release but it is still recommended customers update to this version of the block.
This version supports:
- Moodle 3.5, 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9.
- Panopto versions 5.6.0 or later.
Here are the list of updates from the previous stable release (2019070100):
- The CLI script upgrade_all_folders.php has been renamed to upgrade_all_folders_cli.php to prevent confusion with the non-cli version of this script.
- The CLI script build_category_structure.php has been renamed to build_category_structure_cli.php to prevent confusion with the non-cli version of this script.
- Updated upgrade_all_folders_cli.php to support batch operations. To call the script with a batch call it with the following:
- php -f upgrade_all_folders.php <Row # in folderMap to start on> <# of rows to process>
- E.g. “php -f upgrade_all_folders.php 6 15” will start at row 6 and process up to row 20
- Added a new script to lib/cli, ‘rename_all_folders_cli.php’ that will rename all folders listed in the block_panopto_foldermap table to the name of their associated course. This script supports batch operations similar to “upgrade_all_folders.php described above.
- Added a new button in the Panopto Admin config that will redirect users to a page that will rename all folders listed in the block_panopto_foldermap table to the name of their associated course.
- Improved error messaging for when the Panopto block itself fails to load in a course.
- Improved logging when Panopto tasks (including provisioning) fail.
- Improved logging for Panopto category hierarchy calls.
- Teachers should now only see folders that they have creator access to when remapping a course.
- Added a timestamp to Panopto logs when logs are being redirected to a text file.
- The Panopto Publisher role is no longer automatically associated with any Moodle roles by default.
- Added a toggle to allow Moodle to sync Panopto permissions when a user logs into Panopto using SSO with Moodle.
- Updated code format to better support OpenLMS requirements.
- Enhanced the privacy provider to add reporting capability.
- Updated provisioning messaging to be more informative.
- Added the ability to unprovision Panopto folders from Moodle courses at plug-in settings page. Unprovisioning also automatically happens if a Moodle course is remapped to another Panopto folder. This feature works only with Panopto 7 or newer.
- Fixed an issue which caused Moodle PHPUnit Tests to fail when trying to enroll a user..
- Fixed an issue where Category structure copy feature did not work because the required database table was not created under ceratning plug-in upgrade sequence.
- Fixed an issue where Category structure copy feature did not work under specific PHP configuration.
- Fixed an issue where Category structure copy did not work as intended if a single Moodle server is tied to multiple Panopto servers.
- Fixed an issue where teachers would remove their own creator permissions if they attempted to edit and save Panopto plug-in's configuration for individual courses.