Panopto Moodle Plug-in 2020072700
This is the current stable release version of the Panopto plug-in for Moodle. No major features were added to this release but it is still recommended customers update to this version of the block.
This version supports:
- Moodle 3.5, 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9.
- Panopto versions 5.6.0 or later.
Here are the list of updates from the previous stable release (2019070100):
- The CLI script upgrade_all_folders.php has been renamed to upgrade_all_folders_cli.php to prevent confusion with the non-cli version of this script.
- The CLI script build_category_structure.php has been renamed to build_category_structure_cli.php to prevent confusion with the non-cli version of this script.
- Updated upgrade_all_folders_cli.php to support batch operations. To call the script with a batch call it with the following:
- php -f upgrade_all_folders.php <Row # in folderMap to start on> <# of rows to process>
- E.g. “php -f upgrade_all_folders.php 6 15” will start at row 6 and process up to row 20
- Added a new script to lib/cli, ‘rename_all_folders_cli.php’ that will rename all folders listed in the block_panopto_foldermap table to the name of their associated course. This script supports batch operations similar to “upgrade_all_folders.php described above.
- Added a new button in the Panopto Admin config that will redirect users to a page that will rename all folders listed in the block_panopto_foldermap table to the name of their associated course.
- Improved error messaging for when the Panopto block itself fails to load in a course.
- Improved logging when Panopto tasks (including provisioning) fail.
- Improved logging for Panopto category hierarchy calls.
- Teachers should now only see folders that they have creator access to when remapping a course.
- Added a timestamp to Panopto logs when logs are being redirected to a text file.
- The Panopto Publisher role is no longer automatically associated with any Moodle roles by default.
- Added a toggle to allow Moodle to sync Panopto permissions when a user logs into Panopto using SSO with Moodle.
- Updated code format to better support OpenLMS requirements.
- Enhanced the privacy provider to add reporting capability.
- Updated provisioning messaging to be more informative.
- Added the ability to unprovision Panopto folders from Moodle courses at plug-in settings page. Unprovisioning also automatically happens if a Moodle course is remapped to another Panopto folder. This feature works only with Panopto 7 or newer.
- Fixed an issue which caused Moodle PHPUnit Tests to fail when trying to enroll a user..
- Fixed an issue where Category structure copy feature did not work because the required database table was not created under ceratning plug-in upgrade sequence.
- Fixed an issue where Category structure copy feature did not work under specific PHP configuration.
- Fixed an issue where Category structure copy did not work as intended if a single Moodle server is tied to multiple Panopto servers.
- Fixed an issue where teachers would remove their own creator permissions if they attempted to edit and save Panopto plug-in's configuration for individual courses.