Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Hi, I can't change the resolution of my videos when I insert them in my virtual classroom. Anyone kn

I can't see the video quality selector in my classroom

But on the panopti website, if you see it, how can I integrate it into my website?

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Jose,

The podcast embeds will show your podcast quality and the full Panopto player handles variable bitrate playback for quality control. To view the video podcast quality, go to your video's Settings menu and select the Outputs tab. The section for Quality will appear underneath the Video Podcast section and you can adjust as necessary:

I hope this is helpful, please let me know if you have any more questions.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Hi Cait

Thank you for your answer, but it is not what I mean, I want to be able to have the option that students can select the video resolution of a live broadcast like YouTube videos. As you indicate, I select the resolution and it is established, but the student cannot change it for reproduction.

Hi Jose,

I spoke with a colleague to see what might best work for you in this case. They recommended providing hyperlinks to videos if they’re for live webcasts, as the Panopto Viewer is better equipped for webcasts then the embedded player.  You can also manually embed the viewer by changing the embed code from ‘Embed’ to ‘Viewer’ and adjust the size accordingly. This would embed the full viewer right on the page.

I hope this answer was a little more helpful - as before, please let me know if you have any additional questions, we're happy to assist you.

Best wishes,

Cait

• That seems great to me, how could I do it?

Hi Jose,

• Go to your video/webcast's Settings menu
    • On the Share tab, select Embed at the top. Adjust the Video Embed Options to your preference.
    • In the code listed next to Copy Embed Code, replace "Embed" with "Viewer"
    • Then select Copy Embed Code and embed the video where needed.

Hope this is helpful - if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Best wishes,

Cait