Subscribing to Forum Categories
Want to stay aware of when new posts and/or comments are added to a specific category on the Panopto Community Forum? Here's how!
- Open the category you want to subscribe to, and select the bell icon that appears under its name:
- Once selected, a drop-down menu will appear with the following options.
- Follow: Follow the category without receiving email notifications. This also allows you to filter the Recent Discussions list.
- Discussions: Receive notifications on any new posts made to the category
- Discussions and Comments: Receive notifications on any new posts, or comments on posts, made in the category
- Unfollow: If you already follow the category, but wish to stop following it, select this option.
To adjust whether you receive an email notification or just a pop-up notification that appears when you are in the forum:
- On the bell drop-down menu in the category, select the Adjustment icon in the upper-right corner:
- Alternatively, you can also navigate to and select your profile/avatar icon in the upper right-hand corner (which may be an emoji icon or the photo that you chose for yourself). Select Edit Profile and then, in the upper right corner, select Notification Preferences.
- In Followed Categories, select the checkbox under Email, if you want to receive email notifications for that category. The option Popup will automatically be selected, and you will see pop-up notifications when you are in the forum for that category. Alternatively, you can deselect both checkboxes to disable notifications for that category.
- Once you've made the above changes, select Save General Preferences in the upper-righthand corner.