Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Remote Recorder registry settings list query

Hi there,

I work as an endpoint engineer at our institution and wonder if a comprehensive list of the configuration options that can be set within the Windows registry for the remote recorder exists, or alternatively if there is a document that details the specifics of remoterecorder.exe.config anywhere?

We are currently in the process of migrating our lectern PCs from one version of Windows 10 to another using an inline upgrade- and whilst the Windows default audio and video defaults remain, the remote recorder loses its configuration and needs reconfiguring to allow normal operation - does anyone have any experience of this and possible remediations also?

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Simon,

I checked with a couple of members of my team, and they recommended that I connect you with our Support team, as they would be best suited to help you with answering them. To expedite things, I'll submit a ticket on your behalf, and let your local Panopto administrator know that you have these questions, as well. Please keep an eye out for email correspondence from our Support team on this matter.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask them - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Hi Simon/Cait,

I'm in exactly the same position; I have ~100 Panopto devices that I need to update to Windows 10 20H2 from earlier versions of Windows 10, but in testing I'm seeing that the remote recorder loses the Primary Audio Capture setting (becomes un-selected, though the device option is available and can be manually re-selected).

Is there a regkey or other control that can be reset via Powershell on the PC to correct this, rather than having to go into the console and manually re-select the device?

Thanks in advance!

Wallace

• Options

Hi @Wallace Haviland,

As was the case for Simon, this is a case for our Support team. To expedite this matter and make things easier for you, I have submitted a Support ticket on your behalf. It looks like they have been in touch, but please let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll be happy to pass them along.

Best wishes,

Cait