Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

About partial video search in Japanese

Let me ask a question about searching videos in Japanese.

I can't get the intended result when searching videos in Japanese(Kanji) using the search window.Specifically, this is a case where the title of the video contains the first and last name, and if you do a search by last name, you won't get any results.

I've heard that Panopto search will group words together and sometimes the substring cannot be searched. 

Is this behavior the same for other languages?

And what is the workaround for this phenomenon?

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
    edited August 2020

Hi Shinnosuke,

I checked with another colleague, and this sounds like there could be a bug with the search feature. To expedite this matter, I went to submit a Support ticket on your behalf, but see that you already submitted a ticket.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Hi Cait,

Thank you for confirming.

I certainly contacted support, but posted because I was instructed to post it to the community. I don't understand what this matter is about now, but is it being investigated?

It may be a bug, and I hope it will be fixed.

Best Regards,

Shinnosuke

• Options

Hi Shinnosuke,

To confirm, I took a look at the Support ticket in progress for your organization and this particular issue, and it looks like this it is still being investigated by our Support team.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Hi Cait,

Thank you. If the investigation is progressing, there is no problem. Hope the problem is resolved.

Best Regards,

Shinnosuke Matsuyama