Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Service update 2020-08-28
Service update 2020-08-28
- Fixed an issue where a non-critical error when processing a specific PowerPoint slide could cause the entire slideshow to fail to appear in the video podcast.
- Fixed an rare issue where reprocessing very old sessions could fail when those sessions had specific problems in the original audio encoding.
- Fixed an issue with the public API for Upload, where session or stream uploads sometimes required an upload id even for non-multipart uploads.
- Added a confirmation prompt when manually copying course videos using the Improved Course Copy for Canvas (beta).
- Reduced the lifetime of long-lived cookies used for remembering user preferences to a maximum of 2 years.
- Fixed an issue with student video submissions where attempting to submit a video that was still processing could result in a silent failure.
- Fixed an issue where smart chapters could fail to publish or import in the editor.
- Fixed an issue with LMS batch provisioning where jobs could encounter a multi-hour delay before being executed.
- Improved the user experience within Capture when video and audio devices are blocked or unavailable.
- Improved the user experience when loading Capture with Smart Capture is enabled.
- Updated Capture to automatically select another video or audio devices when the default device is unavailable.
- Introduced Failsafe Recording for Capture, ensuring that recordings will upload to Panopto, even if the browser or computer crashes while recording.
- Optimized the Capture user experience for mobile browsers.
- Fixed an issue with Capture on Chrome, where recording a screen with a very wide aspect ratio could result in a clipped video.
- Fixed an issue with Capture on Chrome where, when tile mode or Smart Camera were enabled, minimizing the Chrome window could cause the recording to pause.
- Removed the beta label from Capture on the desktop Chrome and Edge browsers.
- Updated Capture to be available as a beta on Android Chrome and Firefox.
- Updated Panopto's UX for embedding a video to collapse the embed options panel, to make better use of the available screen space.
- Updated Panopto's UX for embedding a video with Canvas to be responsive to the size of the browser window.
- Updated the interactive viewer to include a button to skip forward 10 seconds.
- Updated the algorithm used by the Smart Chapters feature to allow it to more accurately detect the timing of slide changes in screen capture streams.
Revision: An earlier version of this post indicated, in error, that this would be released on 2020-08-27. This version is set to be released in the evening (PT) of 2020-08-28.