Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Trimming Multiple Streams

edited September 2020 in Product Questions

New User issues:

When I share a PowerPoint file I end up with P1 and S1 streams and I can trim the S1 stream independent of the Primary - perfect.

When I also add in sharing a screen, I end up with P1, S1 and SL streams. I can trim all 3 streams together and also S1 independently. But I cannot seem to trim the PowerPoint SL stream by itself like I could in the first instance above.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Options

Hi Martin,

PowerPoint streams aren't able to be trimmed independently because PowerPoint (and Keynote) are picture sources and not video sources. Slide sources will display the image of the current slide and jumpcut to the next slide whenever it's presented. Only secondary video sources are able to be trimmed independently.  I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused, and would recommend only recording your primary source and screen if you need to remove a secondary source completely for a set duration in your video.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Thanks for the answer. I find it confusing because if I have just a PowerPoint, then I can edit its stream just fine.