Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Video embedded via API in Moodle (Panopto plugin) plays audio only, blank screen video

Hello,

When we embed a video in an assignment in Moodle using the Panopto Plugin for the Atto editor the embedded video will only show a blank screen. However, the video plays and you can hear the audio for the presentation.

If you click on the icon to go to the full video hosted at the Panopto site both audio and video will play.

This is only happening for some videos and I cannot recreate when testing with newly created video.

Can you tell me what may be causing this?

Thanks for your help.

Brian

Answers

• Hi Brian,

This sounds like something the Panopto Support team should investigate. To expedite this matter, and make things easier for you, I will go ahead and submit a ticket on your behalf. I will also let your local Panopto administrator know you're having this issue. Please keep an eye out for correspondence regarding this matter.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• HI @Brian Braido - I noticed this happened for one of our users when the primary window has no video (only audio), and the video podcast is set to "Primary-Only". Changing the output to "Secondary-Only" meant that the embedded player now shows the PowerPoint. We have our default set to "Picture-in-Picture" so this user must have changed it to "Primary-Only" themselves.