Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Panopto 6.0 Windows Clients Release (Date: 2019-03-22)
Windows Clients Release 2019-03-22
All fixed issues:
- Fixed the error messages for devices in use to be more descriptive.
- Fixed an issue where, under poor network conditions, a broadcast could get accidentally reaped.
- Removed the setting "Allow capturing computer audio". Now system audio will always be available as an option.
- Fixed an issue where capture system audio could fail to recover when the only audio output device on the system was removed and replaced.
- Fixed an issue where PowerPoint Click-to-Run could fail to be capture by Panopto.
- Fixed an issue where, when using a 3rd party identity provider, login in with a username that contained an apostrophe would fail.
- Fixed an issue where Panopto could fail to capture PowerPoint when PowerPoint plugins took a long time to load.
- Fixed a naming mismatch in the post-recording dialog between "Done" and "Upload" - now the accept button is always labeled "Done".
- Added a new "Resume" button to the post-recording dialog for webcasts that provides an easy way to resume a webcast.
- Fixed an issue where, when the post-recording dialog was left open after a webcast, webcast viewer could be shown a message about the broadcast being interrupted.
- Fixed an issue where interlaced camera input could have visual artifacting in the captured video.
- Improved the performance of the screen capture feature to support smooth capture of higher frame rates with lower resource usage.
- Added support for the local Remote Recorder API service to Panopto for Windows. This allows for recording light support with a future update to the light service.
- Added support for per-machine admin presets, allowing a Panopto administrator or videographer to set preferred or locked primary and secondary devices and settings. Note that local administrative rights are required on the computer when setting presets.
- Fixed an issue where secondary settings combinations that could cause extremely poor quality were selectable when custom quality settings were enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the first PowerPoint image captured in a recording could be the underlying desktop rather than the PowerPoint slide.
- Fixed an issue where a secondary stream added after a recording started was not uploaded later if the application crashed before the end of a recording.
- Fixed an issue where a highlighted mouse cursor could be displayed in a recording even when it should be hidden, for example in a PowerPoint presentation.
- Added an alert for when a new version of Panopto for Windows is released. Additionally a new upgrade button will appear on the header bar when a new version is available.
- Improved the detection of low or muted audio, lowering the number of false alerts that are shown.
- Fixed an issue where yellow alerts would not be cleared when a recording was completed.
- Fixed an issue where, when joining a recording, by default secondary-only recordings were not allowed.
- Improved the secondary frame rate options, and moved the default frame rate for new users to 8 frames per second with a bit-rate of 600kbps.
- Added a yellow alert for elevated CPU usage that could negatively affect the quality of the recording.
- Fixed an issue where the welcome tour could automatically show again after a recording was started.