Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Only audio appearing in Canvas

When I try to embed my Panopto recording within Canvas, only the audio plays. You can’t see the PowerPoint sides that were used. When I watch the recording within Panopto, the slides are visible. It doesn’t do this for all of my recordings and I record each one and embed each one in the same way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on how to get the full video, not just the audio. Within “manage my recordings” in Panopto, the affected videos don’t have a thumbnail image either whereas the ones that embed correctly do.

Answers

• Hi Helen,

This would be an issue for our Support team to take a look at. To expedite this matter, and make things easier for you, I can submit a Support ticket on your behalf as well as let your local Panopto administrator know that you're having this issue. If you let me know which organization you are affiliated with, I can take care of the rest. If you aren't comfortable with me submitting a ticket, please feel free to work directly with your local Panopto administrator (likely your organization's IT department, if you are uncertain). Please let me know either way.

In the meantime, a possible workaround is opening the video's Settings menu, and changing the video podcast type to Secondary Video Only. You can do this by following the steps provided in this article: How to Change the Format and Preview the Podcast Version of Videos.

I hope this is helpful, if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Best wishes,

Cait