Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

I am getting really tired of this pitiful platform

It has to be one of the worst software platforms there is. The editing process jumps all over the process because of the reliance on the cloud, you cannot undelete the merged clips and then when you edit one of the merged clips it does not follow through.

Panopto is horrific.

Answers

• Options

That is interesting, I don't seem to have the same set of issues that you are seeing with editing.

Beyond that, if you are more comfortable editing in a traditional non-linear editor, you are able to edit in that way, then make a new session using the Build a Session interface. Producing content in this way will not capture slide contents for the table of contents, using the new Smart Chapters function, you are able to create a similar Table of Contents for the session

For the "undelete the merged clips" I am not quite sure I follow what you are doing with that. the merge function in Panopto is generally intended to merge two sessions that were recorded at the same time, but on separate computers. If you are wishing to amend a section of something you recorded, I would recommend using the Add a Clip function.

Hopefully this helps.

-Michael

• Options

Hi @K Roberts,

I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience. I'm not sure if you saw my comment on your other post, but if you're able to share which organization you use Panopto through, I can connect you to people who can assist you and make your experience with using Panopto better. You can either comment on this thread, or message me directly here on the forum with this information.

Cait