Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Anonymous Users

Is there a way, via reports or some other automated process, to determine what content was viewed by an anonymous user? I did not think we had allowed for this, yet somehow they show up in the license plan as well as the User Reports. I really need to find the whole and close it.

Answers

• Options

Hi David,

If you follow the steps in our article, How to Create System Usage Reports, and set the report to "System views and downloads," it will show the content that is being viewed and by whom, including anonymous viewers.

Additionally, to determine which of your videos are accessible to all of your users, we would suggest creating a new user account and logging into your Panopto site. Any videos you see are visible to anyone with an account on your site.

I hope this is helpful - please let me know if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait