Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

What is the best Powerpoint slide size for sharing on Panopto recording?

I'm doing a Panopto recording via Canvas. I'm sharing a powerpoint slide and I appear in the lower left corner as a picture-in-a-picture. I notice there is a quite a lot of black space on the left and right of the powerpoint slide. In Powerpoint, I'm using Widescreen as the slide size. Is there a way to reduce the amount of black space on the left and right of the slide?

Thank you.

Answers

• Options

Albert,

Have you tried making your slides widescreen, or 16x9? To do so within PowerPoint, click Design on the top menu, then on the right hand side where it says Slide Size, click that and then select Widescreen (16:9). You might have to adjust some text or picture positioning/size.

Kevin Hartman

University at Buffalo

• Options

Hi @Albert Liau,

If Kevin's suggestion (above) does not work for you, please let me know as I may need to put you in contact with our Support team for assistance.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options
    Hi Kevin and Cait. Thank you for your responses. I am already using Widescreen size 16x9 for my slides as indicated in the original post. Assistance from Support will be appreciated. Thank you.
  • Options

Hi @Albert Liau,

Thank you for letting me know. I will submit a Support ticket on your behalf, and let your local Panopto administrator know. Please keep an eye out for correspondence from our Support team.

Best wishes,

Cait