Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Panopto 7.0 Service Update (Dates: 2019-08-09 to 2019-08-10)
Service update 2019-08-09 to 2019-08-10
- Fixed an issue with usage reports requested in the Web UI where timestamps and numbers did not use the browser's culture settings.
- Fixed an issue where the Network Access Rules settings page did not scroll for a large number of IP ranges.
- Added a new Public API method to the SOAP API, ISessionManagement, to upload captions for videos that already have captions imported from ASR (automatic speech recognition). The new method is “ReplaceMachineCaptionsAndUploadTranscript”.
- Added a warning message to notify users that caption requests for videos that include clips will include the entire recording instead of only the edited video.
- Fixed an issue in the embed player where it was unclear whether closed captioning was enabled.
- Updated the caption request flow to show total estimated caption length before submitting the request.
- Added the ability to filter out confirmed videos from the audit page for content retention tools, showing only the videos where action is required.
- Fixed an issue where the 'settings' button for playlists was shown to users with the publisher role who lacked creator rights to the playlist.
- Fixed an issue with the editor where changing the name of a stream caused the video to reprocess.
- Fixed an issue where provisioning might not complete mirroring of Canvas course structure correctly under some conditions.
- Fixed an issue where scheduled recordings list could not be sorted by remote recorder.
- Fixed an issue where users were not able to delete built-in retention policies.
- Improved the user experience when Panopto is loaded within an LMS via LTI but where third party cookies are blocked.
- Fixed an issue where playback speed values were repeated when using the Korean language.
- Fixed an issue where a user with a custom system role or a custom institution role within Blackboard Ultra was unable to sign-in to Panopto via SSO.
- Fixed an issue where the embed player didn't issue unique IDs for anonymous viewers.
- Fixed an issue where podcast encoding could fail if a slide deck or attachment had a very long name.