Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Panopto Videos Don't Get Copied if They're the Only thing on a Page

I was doing some testing in our Canvas environment as we prep to roll out Panopto's LTI. I realized that when you do a course copy and the Panopto embedded video (via the RCE) is the only thing on the page, it doesn't get copied over. I saw this when it was the only thing on the syllabus page and after a Course Copy, you couldn't bring over the previous syllabus contents.

Not sure if this is a bug or an expected behavior but thought I would mention it.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Adam,

It sounds like you're referring to the way course copy (version 1) works; however, you should have more control over the items you mentioned in course copy (version 2). Here's our article on this one: Learn about Course Copy for Canvas (beta).

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to let us know!

Best wishes,

Cait