Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Panopto Capture web recorder feature description is confusing

Faculty have pointed out that the new Panopto Capture feature description is not clear and is confusing. Also, in general, faculty do not understand what a "session" is, but they understand video or audio recordings, or presentations:

Perhaps rewording to something similar to the recommendations below might make it clearer:

1. FOR RECORDING WITH COMPUTER APP:

Create -> New Panopto recording (Record with the Panopto app on your computer)

Create -> New Panopto recording (Launch the Panopto app on your computer)

2. FOR RECORDING WITH PANOPTO CAPTURE:

Create ->New Panopto recording (Record with Panopto Capture on the web browser)

Create ->New Panopto recording with Panopto Capture (Launch the Panopto web recorder)

Create ->New Panopto recording with Panopto Capture (Record with the Panopto web browser recorder)

Thanks very much!

Tagged:
5 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Options

I would love to see tool tips like this be able to be modified across the board. Because we cannot change CSS in Panopto, it is difficult to address concerns we have with verbiage/functionality.

I think the tiers in this Create menu should be:

• Create
      • Record (a single option that opens a modal window, like it does in the LMS)
        • Launch Panopto Desktop - Recorder Record with the application installed on your PC/MacOS Device
        • Launch Panopto Capture - Record from your web browser
      • Upload (again, new modal window)
        • Batch Upload Video/Audio
        • Build a Session
      • Webcast
        • Panopto Recorder
        • RTMP
      • Playlist
      • Zoom (or WebEx) Meeting (?) - https://community.panopto.com/discussion/903/zoom-integration-improvements/
      • Folder
  • Options

Looks like there have been some updates to the icons and text as part of the 12/19 release. I wonder if these slight improvements are good enough for the original poster?

• Options

@Jaime Bermudez, Woohoo! This is great. I had forgotten about this feature request. The label is definitely an improvement and is much clearer. Thank you!