Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

I am new to Panopto and using the free basic version at this point, until I get more familiar.

I am new to Panopto and using the free basic version at this point, until I get more familiar.

1. I don't know where or how to download Panopto to my computer. Can someone help?
  2. When I log into my account, I'm not able to get to the tutorial information. I click on the blocks but nothing opens.
  3. I even needed to search in Google just to find the Community area.

I want to know, with the basic free version, will I be able to use the desktop recorder and upload recordings to Panopto?

How can I get additional help?

Gary

Comments

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

@Gary Gordon The free version of Panopto includes the ability to use the in-browser recorder but not the downloaded recorder. If you need to get to the Support site from inside Panopto, click on Help and then Support in the upper right corner of the page:

I'm sorry you are having trouble accessing the tutorial videos. When you click the box, a new browser tab should open with the video. Check to see if your browser is blocking the additional tab from opening. If that doesn't work, the tutorials are all available on the support site by clicking the Support link pictured above.

• Options

Kathryn,

Is the downloaded recorder application available with the Panopto Pro account or only the Enterprise version? I ask, because on https://www.panopto.com/plans/#features-table, I see "Record using enterprise-grade video capture apps for Windows and Mac" under Enterprise only. Does this refer to the downloaded Panopto application or something else?

But you said the free version doesn't include the ability to use the downloaded recorder. But from what I'm seeing on the above link, it doesn't look like this is available even with your Pro paid version.

Can you confirm?

Gary

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

This is correct - the downloaded version is only available with Panopto Enterprise.