Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Access Videos via REST-API

Dear all,

I would like to make videos from the Panopto Cloud accessible to our users via REST-API.

In the meantime I have succeeded in getting a token via a "User Based Server Application" API client and using this to authenticate a user via the API interface <... panopto.eu>Panopto/api/v1/auth/legacyLogin ( Code 200). I can also call up the metadata of individual videos under <...panopto.eu>Panopto/api/v1/auth/sessions/... Unfortunately, I am not able to play the videos. Direct access via the <...panopto.eu>/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?... is not possible, a login is required here (although I have authenticated an authorized user). Embedding via <... panopto.eu>/Panopto/Pages/Embed.aspx?... unfortunately doesn't work either.

Can someone help me?

Thank you and best regards

Martin

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Martin,

I believe that you've already connected with your Customer Success Advocate on this issue. If that's not correct, or if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin