Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Unable to Install Panopto Package on macOS Catalina

I downloaded the Panopto package through my institution earlier today. However when I tried to install the app by double clicking the package, I get the following message:

“videotp.ap.panopto.com_panoptoformac.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."

How do I proceed from here? I would like to create some videos for my students but am stumped at the first hurdle.

If it helps, the package I downloaded was called videoXX.ap.panopto.com_panoptoformac.pkg where XX is a replacement for my institution's name.

I have tried to look for solutions but having been unsuccessful, I hope that someone here can help me.

I am running an iMac with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Sree

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

Thank You Carlos.

It triggered me to look for the full details on Apple site. Given below:

To override your security settings and open the app anyway follow these steps:

1. In the Finder 
    2.  on your Mac, locate the app you want to open.
    3. Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.
    4. Control-click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.
    5. Click Open.
    6. The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it just as you can any registered app.