Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Folder creation through the REST API?

Hi all,

Is folder creation possible through the REST API? I can pull a list of folders and subfolders but haven't been able to find a call to create a folder. If it is possible, does anyone have a bit of sample code to build from?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Garrett,

We do not currently have an endpoint in our public REST API to allow creating folders, but that is something we are planning to add in the future.

We do offer the ability to create a folder using our public SOAP API, if you look at the AddFolder function:

SessionManagement.AddFolder

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

• I've found the AddFolder method in the SOAP API but I'm having a bit of trouble authenticating - we use an identity provider/SSO and I can't find any example code or info on how exactly to authenticate my SOAP calls to the PanoptoAPI

• Any progress on folder creation via REST API? We've already got a lot of code written for Python 3 and REST, so trying to shoehorn in the SOAP API and Python 2 seems like a big step backwards.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for following up on the Creat Folders endpoint. We are currently planning on having that added to the REST API by the end of this year.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Hi everyone,

we'd also be interested in folder creation via REST. Is there any news on this issue?

Cheers,

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

As of the latest Panopto release (Panopto 12), we now have an endpoint in our REST API that can be used to create new folders. You can find more information in our REST API documentation for the Folders endpoints: https://demo.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/api/docs/index.html#/Folders/Folders_CreateFolder

Thanks,

Kevin

• Great, thanks!

Cheers,

Adrian