Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Any existing python examples to assign creator permissions to uploaded sessions?

Hi, I have uploaded a large numnber of video sessions and organized them into folders according to the creator username. I would like to assign creator (share,download,edit) permissions to these uploaded sessions. I am searching for the significant API documentation for these methods. Any help would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• I did something similar a few months ago. Creator rights can't be granted on a per video basis so for each folder I granted creator rights (using the SOAP API) by making the following call:

grant_result = usage.call_service(

'GrantUsersAccessToFolder',

folderId=add_fold_result['Id'],

userIds=user_id,

role='Creator'

)

I also set the owner using the following:

def updateOwner(sessionIds,newOwnerUserKey):

return usage.call_service(

'UpdateSessionOwner',

sessionIds=sessionId,

newOwnerUserKey=panopto_user,

)

• Anyway to update this soap example to use an application key instead - We are behind an identity provider. I have a soap class that authenticates using application key.

• Hiroshi OhnoHiroshi Ohno Panopto Employee

Tim,

If I understand correctly, your goal requires modifying the permissions on the system and it generally requires Panopto administrator privilege. If so, the best approach is to create an admin user account for that tool and use it.

• Tim HarperTim Harper Tyro
    edited June 2021

Thanks Hiroshi, already have that. Authentication through an identity provider for my host. I have it working now using my old class that supports authenticating using an application key for my admin account. I still need to find out what the userID really is though. this is for the uncch. hosted account.

• Hiroshi OhnoHiroshi Ohno Panopto Employee

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the reply, but I do not necessarily understand the goal where you already achieved the functionality.

Is it possible for you to open a Panopto support ticket through your Panotpo admin, so that we can discuss more in detail?

• Thanks, I did and contacted our account manager.

Thanks!

• My exception is related to converting the string username into IEnumerable<Guid> Any leads for zeep? Thanks