Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

TELL ME HOW: Moving All Assets from 1 folder to another...

Can anyone give me guidance on how to move all recordings and scheduled recordings from one folder to another. this seems to be a simple ask but not so simple with the SOAP API.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Answer ✓

So we are using the php-panopto-api library from lucasgit.

I can retrieve the sessions but when I go to receive the scheduled recording I get an api error.

I know that library is outside of your perview...I'm trying to send in 0-5 in terms of session state to be able to see all in the folder.

Rob

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the additional information. Have you tried sending the SessionState names (i.e. Created, Scheduled, etc)? Although I didn't test it with the library you are using, I tested this by sending a raw XML request to our API, and the SessionState names worked for me without any API errors.

If you've already tried that please let me know. Otherwise, can you please try using the names and let me know if that works for you?

Thanks,

Kevin

Answers

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Robert,

You can use the GetSessionsList SOAP API call to get a list of the sessions (including future scheduled recordings) in a folder.

Once you have the list of session IDs in that folder that you would like to move, you can make a call to the MoveSessions SOAP API call. This call takes a list of sessions IDs that you can get from the GetSessionsList call above and moves all of those sessions to a specified folder.

I hope that this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Names were the key. I hate bad documentation...;) not yours....theirs....

In the class it should say Array[String] as the prototype it just says Array[]

Thanks!