Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Identify ASR CC Tracks

Michael EspeyMichael Espey Superstar
edited July 2021 in Feature Requests

We need to have some sort of identification that a caption track is coming from ASR at a glance, and in my mind, this should exist in three locations:

1. In the viewer/embed player, when selecting a caption track, the language title should have "(ASR)" appended to it if it originated from an ASR service.
  2. In the session list, there should be some sort of identification that a session has ASR CC vs. Pro CC (including uploaded CC).
  3. In the "Captions" tab of the session settings, there should be some indication that the track was generated with ASR
    • This interface should identify if the captions have been edited, by whom, and when that happened last.
    • I would also like to see an estimated confidence value provided here. I know that Speechmatics provides confidence for their transcripts, exposing these to us would be appreciated.

4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Elba RiosElba Rios Whiz Kid

Excellent feature request. It's important for viewers to be aware for the reliability and accountability. The nuances of word sounds and spelling is detrimental, especially in the health sciences -- ex: medical prescriptions where choices are life and death decisions.