Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

What is UCLS?

I am looking into possible migration with content that is currently stored in a SharePoint environment. I see in the release notes that there is this UCLS XML based format... I am not sure what that is, and Googling it doesn't seem to help. Can some one please point me in the right direction?

Best Answer

Answers

• Maybe it's a typo? I know there is a UCS format. Universal Capture Specification

• As a follow up to that, is there any kind of documentation on how to use Python/JavaScript/REST to get a video file (*.mp4) that exists in SharePoint... and have it end up in Panopto... without first storing it on my PC?

I know we do something similar to this as we have the Panopto integration with Moodle.

• KathrynKathryn Administrator

I don't think we have any public documentation specific to that scenario.

You can read more about uploading files using our API here, and for questions around using the API to transfer/upload video files, you can post in our API forum. The Dev team responds directly to posts made there.

I would also be happy to open a Support ticket with our team for you if you would like to get additional information.

• Thank you! I will look into this some more...