Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Screencast tutorial

I am trying to learn how to do screencast tutorials similar to the way they're done on Kahn Academy. Currently using smoothdraw 4, and don't know how to capture ONLY what i'm drawing or writing. In my preliminary attempts, Panopto captures everything on the screen which includes the Smoothdraw user interface, the tool bars, etc. I just want the students to see what i am writing and drawing without all the rest of it which is distracting. So how can I achieve this? How do I limit the screen capture to just what i want the students to see?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

Thanks. Yes, I was worried that maybe this could not be done in Panopto. I don't know if our system allows access to this beta version you mention, but i'll explore it. I appreciate your response.