Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.

Anonymous discussion option?

Would it be possible to have the option to allow for anonymous video discussion posts? Enabling this option may help students feel more comfortable asking questions.

Thank you!

Carlos

20 votes

Tracking · Last Updated

Comments

• A big +1 on this. You could use something like an embedded Qualtrics survey or something like that to collect questions. It doesn't help the individual as quickly, but the instructor could publish the questions after they've come in. That way other students can see them and weigh in as well as see the instructor's response.

• We host a lot of public facing live events on Panopto and would really like to have the option to allow comments. I know it's a can of worms, but with the new moderation feature, it would be really helpful for us to have the ability to allow public discussion on events.

• I'll add to this - the language on the attached is confusing. If you say you're enabling public comments, then public comments need to be available. Requiring that users be credentialed in order to comment isn't public in my book.

• I cannot agree with Adam more here, public means public, we want our webcast viewers to be able to post questions without having to login, which they can't...... even though they are, well, the public?

• I was somehow under the assumption that "public comments" allowed non logged-in users to post. We really need this feature during our public-facing livestreams.

• Yes please! This was a huge chock for us that its not possible. We didn't even thought it was something that would not be possible during a public livestream (webcast). Really makes things complicated for us....