Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Blocked by X-Frame-Options Policy

Andy CopeAndy Cope Tyro
edited April 2020 in Product Questions

Hi All

Fortunately, I was getting close to piloting a new Onboarding Programme for my company, when these unprecedented times hit hard.

Subsequently, instead of running the pilots, we went live. Now four weeks on we realise we have a couple of shortfalls in the material. I would like to add a brief explanation to a webpage and add it to the relevant page, however, I get this error.

Blocked by X-Frame-Options Policy

An error occurred during a connection to www.legalandgeneral.com.

Firefox prevented this page from loading in this context because the page has an X-Frame-Options policy that disallows it.

Other browser also shows the same message although I think it was Edge that allowed me to open in a new window.

To check it isn’t an error with our intranet site’s server settings I have tried countless different websites and get the same message unless it is a Panopto page.

Is this something you are aware of?

Answers

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

Are you trying to embed the webpage into a video?

If so, many, many websites block their sites from being embedded into iframes which is why you see that error and why you see it with different websites. Unfortunately, this happens based on the settings for that website, and Panopto can't control it.

However, here are some ideas on how to get extra material into your video:

1. Attach a PDF
    2. Add a table of contents entry with the extra info. Also URLS that you add to a TOC entry will be hyperlinked when you save, so you could add the link to the informational website.
    3. Record a new video segment and add it using Clips.

Hope this helps!

• Options

Thank you, I had an inkling that would be your answer. I have used all three of the ideas, previously, I was just hoping to use something a little differently this time.

Thanks for replying though

• Options

The people who manage your Intranet can also make changes to it's configuration which would allow it to be embedded in yourdomain.hosted.panopto.com.

We had to do this for our CAS and Okta authentication pages so users could log in if they weren't already.