Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Get Folder settings from REST API

Hello !

How can I get the settings of a folder with the REST API ?

I'm searching for settings like "Enable podcast feed", "Allow viewers to make notes public", "Email viewers when new videos are ready"... in the "Settings" tab of a folder settings window.

With the REST API I can obtain :

• folder informations: /api/v1/folders/{id}
  • access settings: /api/v1/folders/{id}/settings/access
  • permissions: ​/api​/v1​/folders​/{id}​/permissions

... but I cannot see which API call could give me the settings in the public API doc (https://demo.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Api/Docs/index.html#/Folders/Folders_GetPermissions)

Can you help me with this ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hiroshi OhnoHiroshi Ohno Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Oliver,

The three settings you described are not accessible by API at this time. settings/access and permissions. Access settings and permissions endpoints manage the user's access to the target folder, but those are not for changing the settings of your question.

Answers

• Thank you for your reply Hiroshi Ohno.

We must change the "Enable podcast feed" parameter to True in ALL folders on our Panopto server.

Nicolas Le Flohic ensure us on ticket support 00817725 it was possible through your API, so I'm confused.

If it is not possible to do it via API, can you change this settings on all our folders directly ?

I am sorry for the confusion. We are going to respond in the support ticket further.

• Ok, thank you.

If at least your API can let me download the mp4 file associated to a session, it will do the job too. Is it possible ?

Oliver,

The rest will be communicated through support tickets and our customer success advocate. Thank you for your patience.