Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Panopto File API Multipart Upload Part Size Limit

I wrote a .Net application that upload recording files using Panopto API, documented here https://support.panopto.com/s/article/Upload-API, using AWS S3 Multipart upload process.

My question is how big each upload file part can be?

According to AWS documentation, the upload part should be between 5MB to 5GB and the recommendation is as big as possible. But when I set the part size bigger than 60MB, I get an error response from the S3 client Upload Part request.

Thanks

Doug

Best Answer

Answers

• I don't know why the number 25MB keeps popping in my head, but I have some vague recollection of that being suggested at one point.

It may have been in Panopto's API examples. I also may be imagining it entirely.

• Hiroshi OhnoHiroshi Ohno Panopto Employee

@Douglas Tan Thank you for asking the question.

@Charles Barbour Thank you for providing the information to the community.

I can confirm that that code comment is still valid. Panopto server has its own limitation, even though it follows S3 part protocol.