Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.

Include "Replace Video" Feature

At times a completed video, embedded in various places, requires a minor change. [Typo, content correction, minor adjustment.] Vimeo/YouTube offer a "Replace video" option that keeps everything the same--including the URL--but lets the user upload a new video to replace the first. Under Edit or Manage, if there could be a "Replace Video" and then "Upload or Select New Video" option, that'd rock.

I THINK this is possible by uploading a new video as a second stream, deleting the first stream . . . but it could be easier by including the Replace Video option.

Thanks!

dann

44 votes

Tracking · Last Updated

Comments

• Elba RiosElba Rios Whiz Kid

@Dann Hurlbert , you are right. Currently the only option I know of is uploading a second stream and then deleting the original editing it out. I agree it should be easier. I concur with the options you offer.

• Agreed. "Replace Video" would make for a much better, more intuitive user experience.

• Has there been any update on the status of this request? Being able to easily replace a video through a one button solution would be huge!

• Seems like a no-brainer and surprised there hasn't been more action/comments on this.

• A "Replace Video" option is very much needed. Please consider this in future updates! Thanks

• How are schools handling the lack of this feature? I believe the only workaround I'm aware of is to drop videos into playlists and then delete/replace. The other option is to add a second stream and delete the primary stream.