Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.

Quizzes - Add More Instructor Controls

Add one or both of the following Instructor controls:

1. The ability to hide the quiz list from student view; or
  2. Add an additional check-box in the set-up that requires the viewer to watch the entire video before being able to access the quiz.

In Canvas, if an Instructor uses the External Tool option to build an assignment in Canvas for students to take a Panopto quiz, and checks the "Load This Tool In A New Tab" box, the video opens in a new tab. For students, when they open the new tab, they can see the quiz list, which allows them to go directly to the quiz without viewing the video.

3 votes

Tracking · Last Updated

Comments

• Either of these solutions would be helpful, and improve Panopto.

• I wish I could up-vote this suggestion. Having the quiz(zes) as part of the TOC never made sense to me, it takes away vital control from the instructors. Like it or not (and I'm not a fan) they love to use quizzes, and viewing history, for grading in the course. Students are notorious for taking any shortcut possible.

• Great points above. We would like option that requires students to watch video completely--not scrub to or click Quizzes links.

Every HR video I watch has this feature.

• I can't believe that the instructor doesn't have the ability to shut off the quiz list from the table of contents.

• KathrynKathryn Administrator

Panopto does have the ability to disable seek and variable speed playback for a video. This will keep students from skipping ahead to the quiz:

https://support.panopto.com/s/article/How-to-Disable-Variable-Speed-Playback-and-Seek#hTargetInstance1

• Interesting. thank you. Does that mean that could not "fly" to content under quizzes in left window?

• Kathryn,

Thank you. This will work. However, it would be nice to be able to only disable seeking. I don't mind if my students listen to some parts of the videos faster than others.

Thanks

• I just tested jumping to quiz questions scattered throughout video. Disabling forward seeking seems to block this. Excellent. Thank you.

• The fact the VSP and Seek are tied together makes that option veryunappealing. The default should be that quizzes are hidden from the TOC. Faculty shouldn't have to think about adjusting a setting when they add a quiz to a session.

I get why VSP and Seek are connected, from a programming point of view, but for usability it stinks.

@Beth (Admin) Fellendorf @Jason Thomas I totally understand that needing to disable both together isn't always ideal - just thought I would point it out as a workaround for this feature request as I don't think everyone is aware that the setting exists.

• Hello Kathryn,

It is a workable solution (until you all make an update 😉). Our LMS folks didn't know about that setting.

Do you know if I can change the seek and VSP settings for all my videos at one time?

Thank you.

@Jason Thomas Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change this for just your videos. It is either one video at a time right now or for all videos in the entire library.