Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Lookup Folder by External ID with REST

Hi --

In the Panopto SOAP Api there are commands that allow us to look-up a folder by the external ID assigned by an external provider: e.g.  GetAllFoldersWithExternalContextByExternalId

I can't see equivalent commands available in the REST api and I believe earlier questions in this forum indicate that they're not currently available. I wanted to check:

1. Is it still not possible to look-up a Panopto folder via the REST API using the external provider's courseId / external id?

2. If it is not possible, is there an alternative way of doing this via the REST Api?

3. If the answers to both the above are 'No', could you let me know if there are plans to make this possible using the API; and if so, whether this is likely to happen in the next 12 months?

At my institution we would like to transition our lecture-capture integration from SOAP to REST, and the above is the key blocker to doing so.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Gareth,

We do not currently support looking up a folder based on the external ID assigned by an ID Provider through the REST API, and only have those endpoints available in the SOAP API.

We do plan to add additional endpoints to the REST API to support similar features in the future, but I don't have an ETA for when those would be added at this time.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Answers

• Options

Hi Kevin --

Thanks for answering my question. As it's now a few months later, I was wondering if there was any update on this question. Do you have an ETA on this now, or can you give us an idea of where it sits in Panopto's roadmap?

Best,

Gareth

• Options

I assume this means there's no update? I'll drop our partnership manager a line just in case.

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Gareth,

I do not yet have an ETA for when these endpoints will be added to our REST API, but we do still plan to add additional endpoints related to integrations to the REST API in the future.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin