Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Able to "add caption language" for unsupported languages

edited May 2022 in Feature Requests
Currently captions can only be added to limited languages. I guess its the supported captions sound rips languages?. Would like to be able to translate captions to more/other languages that i have translated myself. Like arab, Bulgarian, persian ao. Could it be possible to add an "add captions language" button that does nothing else, but show a chosen language name for a language caption file i have added? would greatly improve the captions functionality with minimal coding for you?
6 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• Options

Yes, this is an important feature and should be easy to fix for Panopto. We have indigenous languages we are obligated to translate captions for. For a missing language in Panopto we have to upload and register it on a different language. This causes so much frustration.