Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Can you control the output quality of a video uploaded to Panopto?

I've a number of users working in FCP and Premiere Pro, who want to be able to control the output quality of video's uploaded to Panopto. I've searched high and low, and don't seem to be able to find anything on this. Is this possible, can you access the encoding settings in Panopto? Are there admin settings I can change? Thanks in advance for any help or tips!😀

Q

Best Answer

Answers

• Do you mean the setting used when Panopto encodes the files for streaming to viewers?

If so, there are some hidden site settings Panopto can change to allow for higher streaming bitrates but I think they are site wide changes.

• Yes Charles, the settings used to encode the files for streaming to viewers when you upload a video to Panopto, NOT when capturing to Panopto. I will take a look at the site-wide settings, thanks for the possible direction!

Q