Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Anyone else notice a lag in updating the Remote Recorder preview screens recently?

I usually monitor our remote recorders as my homepage, to keep an eye on upcoming recordings and catch any potential issues that might occur. We use multiple cameras for recording and the primary screen preview is an automated tracking camera view. Occasionally if the tracking is not working, I'll go to the web ui for the camera and adjust.

I've been noticing for the last few weeks that the preview screen on the remote recorder doesn't seem to be updating as normal. For instance, I was monitoring one room it looked like the tracking camera was stuck in one position, yet via the web Ui for the camera and when monitoring the Ui on the Epiphan Pearl, it was tracking fine. I did a refresh of the browser and it stayed that way for a while - perhaps 20 or 30 seconds before updating.

It's a relatively minor thing, but something I use to track multiple rooms at a glance. I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

Thanks,

Elaine

Answers

• Yes, we have seen this too. Sometimes there will be a black screen and then a view of the room will eventually appear.

• Hi @Elaine M Mello,

This sounds like an issue that our Support team should investigate. To make things easier for you, and to expedite this matter, I will open a ticket on your behalf. Please keep an eye out for correspondence from our team regarding this.

@Brian Dyer, I would also be happy to open a Support ticket on your behalf, as well, if you are currently experiencing this issue - please let me know either way.

If there are any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Hi Cait and thanks for looking into this.

Elaine

• @Caitlin McCabe That would be great! Thank you!