Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Add "shorter than" criteria to retention policy to allow auto deletion of unintentional recordings

This feature would allow Panopto to automatically flag videos shorter than a set length for deletion or archival. When people set up Zoom meetings so they auto record any time someone joins, we end up with hundreds of videos 30 seconds or less that were recorded unintentionally. Adding this criteria to the retention ppolicy would allow us to automatically clean our account up from all these unintentional recordings.

7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Options

It's a great idea. I also asked them to add "session duration" as a criteria back in August of 2021 when I wrote this document and shared it with them: Public Panopto Content Retention Feedback

I also would like "total plays" or "played status".

Then I could create a rule which could be applied to the user directory to archive Zoom meetings which don't get watched.

Archive If Creation Date > 6 Months AND Content Source = Meeting Integrations AND Total Plays = 0

You could also add the duration and run it nightly or weekly to archive those short recordings. Then you could delete those recordings from the archive every month.

Archive If Creation Date > 6 Months AND Content Source = Meeting Integrations AND Total Plays =AND Duration < 1 Minute

Hopefully they start making some improvements soon.

Chaz

Charles Barbour

Educational Technology Analyst? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

University of Notre Dame

[email protected]

Join the Panopto EDU Slack Workspace <---- Not affiliated with Panopto and Panopto employees are not eligible for membership.

• Options

Both of these (matching on session length and views) would be marvelous additions to the platform!