Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

How to obtain a hardware partner API key for Remote Recorders and heartbeat endpoint

edited December 2023 in API

Hi,

We're trying to use the Remote Recorders public API endpoints but I can see they require a hardware partner API key. We are a hardware partner, so my question is how can I obtain a partner API key? And do I need two different API keys for each instance of Panopto we have such as test and live environments?

Additionally, with the remote recorders endpoint:

/api/v1/remoteRecorderAPI/remoteRecorder/{remoteRecorderPublicId}/heartbeat

Are we able to change the state of the remote recorder using the heartbeat endpoint? For example, we're trying to keep the remote recorders in an active state for ad hoc recordings, as described in this previous post:

https://community.panopto.com/discussion/1631/remote-recorder-heartbeat-decrease-time-it-takes-to-start-a-adhoc-recording

Would hitting the heartbeat endpoint put a remote recorder in a active state?

A real world example of this, is that after after a winter or summer break, most recorders will be in state 4 as described in the link below as such a recording can take a while to start as it only checks in with the server every 5 minutes. We ran a test on a remote recorder which was in state 4, and it took around 5 minutes to start.

https://support.panopto.com/s/article/Learn-About-Remote-Recording

Thank you

Best Answers

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Brendan,

I apologize for that, that was the email address I was given to pass along to you, but I see that may be an internal email.

Can you please try sending a message to [email protected] instead? That should get you to the right people as well.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Options
    Answer ✓

Hi Kevin,

No problem and thanks for the quick reply.

Yes the [email protected] email worked.

Thanks,

Brendan

Answers

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Brendan,

In order to get more information on receiving a hardware partner API key, please contact [email protected]. They should be able to help get the process started.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Options

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. I tried emailing the address you provided but I get a return email from outlook saying that email address doesn't exist. Is there another email address I can contact?

Thanks

Brendan