Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Quizzes automatically submit when students go back to check video

edited February 24 in General Q&A

Hello, I really like using embedded quizzes with my Panopto videos (embedded in Canvas). However, every once in a while, a student lets me know of a particular problem: They went back into the video to check information (I have the quiz at the end) and when they returned to the quiz the questions they had yet to address had answers filled in and the quiz had automatically submitted.

I know this happens if students leave the quiz open for a certain period of time [I have no idea how long, that would be very useful to know]. But this is a different case.

Does anyone know why this occurs or how it can be fixed? Thank you.

Best Answer

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rich Holtzman,

Currently, there are no time limitations to quizzes in Panopto. If a quiz is incomplete, it should not be automatically submitted.

If incomplete quizzes are being automatically submitted, please mention this in your correspondence with Panopto Support and your local Panopto administrator, as it is unexpected behavior.

Best wishes,

Cait

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Rich Holtzman,

This sounds like something our Support team should investigate. To expedite this and make things easier for you, I will submit a Support ticket on your behalf and make your local Panopto administrator aware. Please keep an eye out for correspondence regarding this.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Thank you, Cait. On a somewhat related issue, if a student leaves an uncompleted quiz open, do you know how long until it automatically submits?

Rich