Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Some of the Video Tutorials Captions are Missing and Mistimed

Hi there Panopto,

I am beginning to curate some videos and articles from the Panopto Support Site for a Canvas Course I'm making for faculty at my university who want more information on utilizing Panopto for their video lectures. I am truly grateful for the amount of thorough tutorials there are for Panopto.

However, in the interest of video accessibility, I have been noticing that the closed captions are sometimes mistimed or missing. Sometimes I will be hearing the narrator but the caption isn't present or appears and disappears for a split second. In addition, sometimes captions won't appear for certain bits of narration that are being heard. This is even present on some of the Getting Started With Panopto series of video guides.

Can the Video Tutorials team please provide a more thorough check and proofread on their captions and timing them appropriately? I'm certain many of the instructors who are interested in exploring Panopto will want to be able to see, as well as hear, exactly what is being discussed. It might be confusing to them if certain captions are missing.

Sincerely,

Mitchell Nagy

Lecture Capture Coordinator

CSU Northridge

Best Answer

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mitchell Dean Nagy,

Thank you for this feedback and alerting us to this. I have shared your post with the team that works on these videos so that they are aware.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait