Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Panopto for Mac... Is it still in Beta?

Hi there! I recently conducted a workshop for faculty re: Panopto and a question was posed by an attendee as to whether or not Panopto for Mac was still in Beta or is the current iteration "better". I use Panopto for Windows exclusively, so I couldn't shed any light as to where the Mac version currently stands.

Any thoughts or input?

Tagged:

Answers

• The macOS client itself is not in beta, however, there is a feature that has been in "beta" for quite a while. Specifically, the "Capture Computer Audio" feature can be used and is reliable in my own testing, but is technically still in "beta": https://support.panopto.com/s/article/Recording-with-Panopto-for-Mac#hTargetInstance2

I am not sure what sort of issues the user had experienced previously to prompt the question if the software was now "better" but there have been a few issues over the last few years around iCloud storage (when the user points the app to store data in a location that lives in the iCloud) and permissions which are typically quick to resolve.