Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Proof of Concept trial

Hi,

I'm trying to run a proof of concept trial, leveraging Insomnia. I am receiving an "unauthorized client" message from the API. I've reviewed your documentation, but it has not helped. Can you tell me what settings are required for the Insomnia app to return a token? I'm passing the following:

grant_type: password

scope: api

username: ****

password: ****

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Tagged:

Comments

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Roger,

It seems that there might be an issue with either the client type or the client credentials you are sending with your token request. Since you are sending a user name and password directly, can you please verify that the Client Type for the API Client you are using is a "User Based Server Application"? You should be able to go to your API Clients in Panopto, and click on the client name to find out the type of client.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if the client type is correct and you are still seeing the same error.

Thanks,

Kevin

• okay. it seems to work now, but where is your documentation on all available endpoints?

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Roger,

Our REST API is documented at http://demo.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/api/docs/index.html.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin