Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

How does Panopto decide which Powerpoint transitions become TOC items?

edited July 2020 in General Q&A

I have recorded a few videos and made sure to include Powerpoint as a source when recording. Because I do this, Panopto generates Table of Contents (TOC) items automatically. However, I am getting inconsistent results when doing this. My question is how does the Panopto recorder decide which transitions become TOC items? I tried looking through the documentation and couldn't find a definitive answer.

Answers

• Options

"Heuristics". Which I interpret as a magic algorithm which will undoubtedly need some fine tuning.

My guess is more than X% of the entire screen changes within Y seconds or something similar.

• Options

Yes, if the slides stays in screen for a while, and then, the user clicked on the Power Point Presentation check box---> Then, it uses the PowerPoint slide title textbok content for the TOC. Sometimes, if the presenter goes back to a slide, it will also add that title to the TOC multiple times.