Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Possible bug when removing inheritance of permissions

I've found recently that permissions are breaking on a folder when I try and turn off inheritance while retaining the currently inherited users. The system appears to remove the permissions for all users from the folder entirely, but doesn't finish the process of re-attaching them locally.

The process works fine on folders within my personal folder, but in folders within a particular shared folder (to which I have creator access), I'm experiencing this issue. For reference, the shared folder is created via our VLE integration with Sakai.

I've created a short video detailing the problem : https://ulcampus.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=62a05e41-72a9-4874-82e5-af5e00aa1178

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a known solution that I haven't thought of?

TIA

Duncan

Tagged:

Answers

• Options

Hi @Duncan MacIver,

I apologize for the delay in my response on this. Please let me know if you are still experiencing this - if so, I'd be happy to open a Support ticket on your behalf, as this is something our team should investigate.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait