Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Why is a public link for a video requiring people to sign in?

Is there no way to contact support with Panopto?! Here's a short video showing the problem I'm having with a public link requiring people to login: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjNTQhqJ8TU&hd=1.

Answers

• Options

Hi @Tim Ray,

If you are a Panopto Pro user, you should be able to contact Support using the steps in our article Can I Contact Support With My Plan?

To expedite things, I reached out to our Support team on your behalf and we think the issue may be with how Teamwork embeds the video content from links. I took a look at Teamwork's Support documentation, and it seems like the video icon only supports links from YouTube and Vimeo at this time. For Panopto videos, you will need to use the embed code from Panopto:

On the Share menu for your video, you can select the Embed icon, adjust the video to your preferred aspect ratio, size, and viewer options, and then select Copy Embed Code (first image). You should be able to put the copied code directly into Teamwork using their "View Source" button (second image, courtesy Teamwork's Support documentation)

Please let me know if you have any more questions - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options
    Tim RayTim Ray Tyro
    edited February 2023

Thank you for the help. I can't embed something in Teamwork, unfortunately. The videos all work perfectly in Teamwork IF I'm logged into Panopto. So is the embed the only way to make it work if they are NOT signed in? I guess I'm not understanding the purpose of a "public" link if someone has to be logged in to actually watch the video?

Also, regarding support, there is no link to contact support right now on the Panopto site. I was on the page you linked above. However, what the page is showing should be there to click on is not actually there. So there is no way for a Pro user to contact support currently. I would love some help with that also. :-)

• Options

Hi @Tim Ray,

I reached back out to Support about the issue you are having with contacting them. They identified the cause and were able to fix it, so you should be able to submit a Support ticket with them now.

That said, it seems like this issue may require some more investigation, so I would suggest opening a Support ticket for additional assistance. If you are still unable to open a ticket using the steps in Can I Contact Support With My Plan?, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Thanks for help.